Sports Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The End....for now.
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 pm by Rain Dawn

» NHL 2013 Season
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm by Rain Dawn

» Oscar Pistorius shoots dead girlfriend
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 pm by kimball99

» Topps Baseball Cards refuse to mention Pete Rose
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm by kimball99

» Pittsburgh Penguins: In the Room - Season 2 - Ep 1
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 6 Mikko Koivu
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm by Rain Dawn

» Shark Byte 2013 Episode 1 HD
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm by Rain Dawn

» WWE HoF Class of 2013
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 5 Dany Heatley
WWE HoF Class of 2013 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 am by kimball99

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

WWE HoF Class of 2013

2 posters

Go down

WWE HoF Class of 2013 Empty WWE HoF Class of 2013

Post  Rain Dawn Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:22 am

I'll keep this first post updated with each inductee being announced.

WWE HoF Class of 2013 67007954

Mick Foley:
WWE HoF Class of 2013 Tumblrmgl0w3wtrg1rqoq0p

Bob Backlund:
WWE HoF Class of 2013 60111254264872575287373

Trish Stratus:
WWE HoF Class of 2013 20130128largerawhoftris

Bruno Sammartino:
WWE HoF Class of 2013 Sammartinohof392x260
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got to say that so far every candidate is deserving. It's shaping up to be a great induction this year. Trish is, in my opinion, the greatest female wrestler to ever compete. She was a fantastic champion. Bob Backlund is a little before my time when he was in his heyday but his peers always spoke highly of his ability. To hold the belt for as long as he did shows the direction he was taking the company. Mick Foley is long deserving. He might not have the heavyweight championship status like many other HoF'ers, but Mick Foley was a driving force in many ways. He literally put his body on the line in Hell in a Cell matches, Buried Alive matches and general 1-on-1 matches. Very, very high calibre this year.

Last edited by Rain Dawn on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

https://sports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

WWE HoF Class of 2013 Empty Re: WWE HoF Class of 2013

Post  kimball99 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 pm

All 3 very deserving.

Bob Backlund I wouldn't remember his first run. But returning in late 92 early 93 til he departed a few years later, he had some great matches. For a guy who you would think looks like hes got zero personality, he was always over with the crowd. Certainly deserve to be in the hall, in his prime, this guy can outwrestle almost anyone.

Trish...well she's Trish. Everything good that can be said about her has been said 1000 times before. Without a doubt the greatest dive in history bar none, and without any competition really. Certainly no women in WWE history have been as over with the crowd as she has.

Mick Foley.There really is only one king of hardcore and it's Mick. Widely considered to be one of the greatest workers in the history of the business, and why not? He's jobbed to a great many of folk, putting people over in the process, and will pretty much do anything and everything asked of him...no matter how dangerous a match, or retarded a segment, Mick is just Mick. Everyone seems to want to remember Mick because of his gruesome matches and HIACs, but personally I'll always love the guy because of his promos. "I wanna be a sexy boy Shawn, where's my girls, I'm the new boytoy" lmao. Congrats Mick on not only a legendary career, but certainly on being one of the single most entertaining entities in the history of professional wretling
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Dawn Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Sammartino added to first post. He has finally buried his hatchet with the WWE and he's an obvious choice to join the best of the best. This year's talent induction far outweighs any other that I can remember. It's great to see one of the sports very best to get his moment. Here's a bit more from the Sammartino/WWE getting on the same page.

As everyone should know by now, Bruno Sammartino has finally buried the hatchet with WWE and was announced as the latest inductee in the WWE Hall Of Fame on Monday (Feb. 4).

Most wrestling insiders thought hell would freeze over before that ever happened, but once Bruno spoke to Triple H at length, he became impressed about how the promotion had cleaned its act up by implementing serious drug testing and removing the blood, profanity and raunchiness from all of its programming.

Unfortunately, Bruno went overboard with his glowing praise of the WWE Wellness policy that's overseen by his local back surgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon, as scepticism still remains over how effective that program truly is.

Some may feel that by offering such a ringing public endorsement, whilst suspicion prevails that WWE plays favourites with who gets punished or tested, that Bruno has sold out his principles. Especially when, to him personally, this is nothing more than a savvy business deal.

From reports in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it sounds like Bruno may end up making around a million dollars for his WWE appearances over the next year, which shows the lengths Vince McMahon will go to force his enemies to eat crow and hold their nose while putting over his company again:

"Sammartino approached this as a purely business decision, giving HHH a price that he thought would be turned down. In a number of conversations, he spoke of the deal as something he didn’t expect to happen. There was a long period before there was any answer from WWE, with him figuring that Vince McMahon likely nixed the deal due to price. The WWE could obviously afford the price, in line with what one of the company’s top stars would earn for a WrestleMania payoff. Really, it was a question of ego and precedence more than anything....

Unlike everyone else who had entered the Hall of Fame, nobody had ever asked a deal anywhere near that level. At that point, the ball was in McMahon’s court, even though HHH was the point man. They decided it was worth it to them as a business decision, and ultimately, that’s what this is, with those close to the situation saying it was a win/win."

To recoup their significant investment, a Bruno Sammartino DVD compilation is expected to be released at some point. He's also expected to be used as a talking head on other DVD releases, most noticeably one commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of WWE; also to be featured on the WWE Legends Round Table series on 24/7 Classics on Demand, (a show in which some of McMahon's kiss asses once tried to downplay his stardom in the 1970s).

WWE Films may even end up producing the screenplay about Bruno's life story that has already been written by Paul Guay of Liar Liar fame, and is being shopped around to various studios.

Meanwhile, WWE.com has posted an exclusive interview with Bruno Sammartino and Triple H, where they both gave the corporate spin about how and why the deal was made. "The Living Legend" also reflected on the highlights of his career (his WWWF title matches with "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers and Ivan Koloff at Madison Square Garden, and headlining three Shea Stadium events against Pedro Morales, Stan Hansen and Larry Zybysko), while "The Game" discussed what he hopes today's WWE Superstars will learn from having such a veteran mind around.

However, most notable was Hunter making the admission that, "Bruno has had his gripes about the company in the past and they were completely justified." Wow, even Bret Hart didn't get such vindication when he got inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame in 2006, eight years after the Montreal Screwjob. I imagine that statement was harder to procure from the McMahon family's mouths than all that cash.
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimball99 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 am

I respect Sammartino, I respect Ric Flair. I respect Bret hart. But fuck, there nothing but aa bunch of bitches. Sammartino being right up there with Bret Hart as someone who can't leave well enough alone. He's very deserving o the hall of fame but man oh man. 30 years of hatred for what? In the end Mcmahon now own's his ass like everyone elses. Good job standing up for what you believe in.
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Dawn Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm

I agree. If you stand and believe in something so strongly that it carries on for many years than you can't just roll over. No doubt Sammartino is deserving of HoF, but be shouldn't have had to go down this route to get in.
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum