Sports Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The End....for now.
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 pm by Rain Dawn

» NHL 2013 Season
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm by Rain Dawn

» Oscar Pistorius shoots dead girlfriend
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 pm by kimball99

» Topps Baseball Cards refuse to mention Pete Rose
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm by kimball99

» Pittsburgh Penguins: In the Room - Season 2 - Ep 1
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 6 Mikko Koivu
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm by Rain Dawn

» Shark Byte 2013 Episode 1 HD
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm by Rain Dawn

» WWE HoF Class of 2013
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 5 Dany Heatley
Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 am by kimball99

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results

2 posters

Go down

Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results Empty Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results

Post  Rain Dawn Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 am

Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results Royalrumblehdwallpaperd

Matches Announced For This Show

WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock
Events leading to this match: The announcement that The Rock would be getting this match was made several months ago. Punk and Rock have had a verbal war which became physical during Rock's random appearances throughout 2012. Punk's current reign as champion began in 2011 which makes 2012 the first year since 1987 that the WWE Championship did not change hands. Over the past few months, a group called The Shield has been interfering in Punk's matches to help him retain the title. Vince McMahon has rules that if the Shield interferes in this match then Punk will be stripped of the belt.

The Royal Rumble Match
Rules of the match: The match begins with two men in the ring. Then every 2-minutes another wrestler will enter the ring until all 30 participants have entered the match. A wrestler gets eliminated from the bout by being tossed over the top rope and having both feet land on the arena floor. The winner of the match will get a shot at either the WWE or the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXIX.

Last Man Standing Match: World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Big Show
Rules of the match: The only way to win this match is to incapacitate your opponent so they are unable to stand up by the time the referee counts to 10.
Events leading to this match: Alberto recently won the title from Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match. Big Show invoked his championship rematch clause to get this title shot.

WWE Tag Team Championship: Team Hell No (c) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
Events leading to this match: When these two teams faced off against each other a few months ago, the champions not only got the victory but they also put Cody Rhodes out of commission for a few weeks. When Cody returned to action, he not only sported a new mustache, but more importantly, his team beat the champions in a non-title match to earn this shot at the belts.

Pre-Show Match for the United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz
Events leading to this match: This match will be streamed on wwe.com during the 30-minute live pre-show for this event which starts at 7:30 PM EST. The issues between these men began when the champion interrupted an episode of Miz TV featuring Ric Flair. During that encounter, Ric Flair passed the torch of the Figure-Four Leglock to The Miz.

-----

I think CM Punk retains. I believe there will be interference of some sort (not the Shield) that will keep the belt on Punk and setting up the guy who interferes vs The Rock at Wrestlemania. I'm guessing Brock will do the interfering.

Not sure who wins this Rumble....but...I'm gonna go for Randy Orton. I don't want him too, but I feel that it will be him. Beating Sheamus at the very end.

I'm not sure how the end of the last man standing match plays out...but either way I see Ziggler leaving the building with the belt. I'll go with Show winning and then Ziggler cashing it in on him.

Road Scholars will be new Tag Champs. Team Hell No will then slowly split. I think they need to split to be honest.

Cesaro will retain. I like the Miz but Cesaro is riding a high wave and I think it'll be a mistake to take the belt off of him yet..especially on a pre show telecast on it. He deserves better.
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

https://sports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results Empty Re: Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results

Post  kimball99 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Definetely Rock loses.

Del Rio retains. What's the point of his winning the gold only to lose it so soon.

Cesaro for the win. Miz is stuck in some kind of "nobody gives a fuck about me" rut which isnt good for his position.

I'm gonna go with Rhodes Scholars. Hell No, as much as they've been fun to watch, I think it time for the Scholars to shine, which no doubt they will.

As for the Rumble. Either Orton, Sheamus(prolly not) or Barrett. Barrett would be awesome because he does deserve a main event push no,w and most people feel he's ready. Orton, meh whatever. The guy is way band, he always fucks up outside the ring, yet he continues to get pushed. This would be a total waste of a rumble victory. As for Sheamus, well fuck, who else can win the rumble lol. There isn't much in the way of people being pushed hard goin into the rumble. Haha watch WWE let Ziggler win, just to be retarded lol.
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results Empty Re: Royal Rumble 2013 Preview / Predictions / Results

Post  Rain Dawn Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Thank Goodness I didn't put any money behind my predictions otherwise I would have been one broke dude. Crying or Very sad

I can't believe they have dropped the title onto The Rock. I know they want a Rock/Cena rematch but I just can't picture The Rock appearing on every Raw until Wrestlemania. That is what the Champ should be doing, right?!?!

I'm ok with Cena winning the Rumble. He hasn't held the belt for a while and he clearly will beat The Rock at Wrestlemania to 'settle the score'

It was an ok PPV but nothing too great in my opinion.
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

https://sports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  kimball99 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Its funny, the Rumble would have been a perfect way to throw everyone a twist and have Cena cost Rock the title, or have the Rock somehow to lose the title, and not do a Cena/Rock II, but instead they go with the obvious build nd the boring build...again

I wasn't at all impressed with the show too much though, seemed kinda boring and drawn out. As for Goldust and Cody, I hope to god these two have a match at wrestemania.
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down